The Upstate Winds Community Band draws musicians from many parts of Upstate South Carolina (and a few beyond). We have members from Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Spartanburg, Taylors, Travelers Rest, Easley, Anderson, Belton, Honea Path, Due West, Abbeville, Laurens, Clinton, Hodges, Greenwood, and Columbia.
Part of our mission in Upstate Winds is to spread the word about the wonderful concert band literature we perform. We like to travel around, bringing new audience members into the fold, so we rarely perform consecutive concerts in the same location. Concerts are usually performed on Sunday afternoon or evening.
Rehearsals are almost always on Sunday afternoon from 2:00pm to 4:30pm, and we stop earlier than 4:30pm when possible. Our primary rehearsal location is the First Baptist Church of Mauldin (address below).
Typically, Upstate Winds has four rehearsals and a concert in a cycle. The schedule looks like this:
- Rehearsals on Sundays in late August and September for a concert at the end of September
- No full band activities in October
- Rehearsal on Sundays in November and early December for two mid-December concerts
- No full band activities in January
- Rehearsal on Sundays in February and early March for a mid-March concert
- Rehearsal on Sundays in late April and May for a concert at the end of May
First Baptist Church of Mauldin
150 South Main Street
Mauldin, SC 29662
The members of the band and I would love nothing more than for you to join our group. We are always recruiting musicians to take part in our concert cycles. Whether you consider yourself a professional performer or you have not played your instrument in many years, we have a place for you!Bobby Powell –
Artistic Director Upstate Winds